Wednesday, June 23, 2010

When washing my face with Neutrogena Acne Face wash, should I use Hot water or cold water?

Hygiene question. I'm not sure if it matters, but I would like some input.When washing my face with Neutrogena Acne Face wash, should I use Hot water or cold water?
I am someone to go to when it comes down to facial cleansing business. I've probably tried it all. So listen up, here are some fun tips!





1) When using a facial cleanser, use hot water at first, because hot water OPENS your pores to let all the cleanser to enter and then sweep back out with all the excess dirt and oil, then end your facial routine with cold water to tighten your pores/ close them right up. :) So remember, hot water = opening pores, cold water = closing pores.


Watch out though! People think that the cleansing part is the most crucial when it comes to taking care of your face. They're mostly wrong. Sure it plays a big role but always remember to MOISTURIZE. If you've got oil-prone skin then use an oil-free moisturizer. Neutrogena comes with those too. If you have dry or sensitive skin..anyway! I'm sure you know the drill. Before you moisturize, if you like, you can use a toner. It hydrates skin and keeps it soft and prepares it for the moisturizer. You may think all this takes a lot of time but it really doesn't! It's worth it too. I actually like to do all this, WHEN I am in the shower. I use the hot shower water to open my pores and then cleanse while I rinse out my shampoo and then when I get out I use cold water from my sink and then I'm ready to head on to moisturizing/toning. It's a real time-saver, as they say. :)





2) For those extra dry days in Winter or Autumn, boil up one big pot of hot water and make yourself comfy. Pull back your hair and make sure you're not wearing any make-up! Put the pot in front of you on some surface. Lean over it as if you were looking at the bottom and then put a clean towel over the back of your head, so that it drapes over your entire head and the pot. Let yourself sit there for a while and indulge in the moisturizing and cleansing power of the steam/vapor. When you're done you can put on some light cream and you'll notice just how soft your face it afterwards. It's like a mini-sauna for your face.:) a mini-facial, if you will. If you're fair skinned you might look red but that's just because of the hot steam. Don't worry, it'll go away and it's totally worth the minute(s) of redness/pinkness.





3) If your lips are feeling chapped and you don't want to put on lipgloss or you've ran out of chapstick just smear a light layer or Vaseline on your lips and those particularly dry spots. You can also dab some on the apples of your cheeks to make it have a healthy shine, not the icky oily kind.








I hope I answered well! :) Happy Holidays and good luck with the facial :)When washing my face with Neutrogena Acne Face wash, should I use Hot water or cold water?
Sorry for the delayed comment and you're welcome!


Happy Holidays for whatever religion you follow and all that.


I can help if you need good face mask recipes depending on your skin type, eh?


I'm like a mini dermatologist, they say. ;P


Happy Holidays! Bye. Report Abuse

Not only does Hot kill germs, but it's supposed to open you pores. I suggest rinsing your face with warm/hot water BEFORE applying the scrub, then rinsing it off with cold water to close the pores again.


(I heard it on TV once....)





Hope this helps!





:D
Comfortably warm water. Too hot can cause broken capillaries (the little tiny veins, they show up as red lines) and too cold is uncomfortable lol.
whatever your more comfortable with. doesn't really matter.
HOT! helps to kill the germs
warm

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
fast cash